Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Desperately Needed Day Off

I am off today. My first real day off with no work obligations or projects hanging over my head in several weeks. And oh boy, is it needed. Desperately.

While I am very tempted to spend it on the couch watching movies and sleeping, I am not going to let myself do that. So, I thought what better way hold myself accountable for doing other things besides being lazy than to put them in print. This post will be my to do list, and it will hopefully inspire me to move and groove today rather than sit and nap.
First order of business:
Turn all that into a spring wreath to hang on my front door. I bought it all weeks ago, but I haven’t had the time to actually put it all together.




Next:




Bake. Of course! I have been craving white chocolate chip brownies. I may even toss in some Easter M & M’s.




Take myself and Rudy for a walk at the park. Maybe then I won’t feel guilty for eating brownies.

Turn this junky table into something pretty. (Hopefully, anyway!) I’ve got the spray paint ready to go and will be heading to Hobby Lobby to buy some new knobs for the drawers.




Laundry. (Not showing a picture of that!)

The television is off, a fresh, cool breeze is blowing through the open windows, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, a pot of coffee is brewing, and I have a stack of my favorite oldies CD’s ready to go.




Hopefully, James Taylor, Fleetwood Mac and the Moody Blues will keep me going. And if I accomplish everything I hope to today, I will treat myself to reading on the porch later.

Here’s to a great day. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment