Friday, July 22, 2016

A Long Way to Go...and a Short Time to Get There


This is my to-do list for the weekend:
 
This is what my house looks like right this minute:



 
I am at the point now where I can't use my kitchen for anything other than feeding the dogs and making a sandwich because everything is scattered and stacked in nooks and crannies and shelves all over the place.
What the holy hell was I thinking when I scheduled a party here?? It's in a week. SEVEN DAYS! HERE! Eh, who needs sleep?

Tony says he will have the floor finished by Sunday night.
We shall see.

In the meantime, I have so very much to do. I am actually feeling a little bit stressed. Just a little bit.
Yeah right, who am I fooling!?

I’m only sitting to write because I just did a bunch of sanding and sweeping, and I am waiting for all the dust to settle down so I can clean and paint some more.
The other night, a passage in a book I’m reading jumped off the page into my head, and it perfectly describes the mood I am in and the way I am feeling these days:  “If my space is out of whack, then I’m out of whack. Admittedly, I was not in the best of whacks to begin with.”

Everything in my life feels/is out of whack…my house and my life. I’m not in the best of whacks, and I am tired of my “space” being out of whack, too.
*Work has been stressful. I know, what’s new there, right? I think I am just not handling it very well these days.

*I’ve had a couple of health issues/scares, and while everything turned out okay, I had a few days of a little bit of worry. More than a little bit, actually. Quite a lot is more accurate. Last week, I was on my way home from a doctor appointment, and I had to pull into a parking lot because I had a complete crying meltdown. I had only gotten good news, but I guess the stress of it all, and the stress of everything built up to the point where it all just spilled over. It took me a few minutes to pull myself together enough to drive, and thankfully, I have a very understanding boss who I texted and said, “I’m taking the rest of the day off!”
*My parents are mad at me. Again, what’s new there, right? And of course, it’s for a stupid, ridiculous reason that I can’t even wrap my brain around. I don’t even want to try to be honest, but they are mad at ME over a situation that has not one single thing to do with them.

*And then, for the cherry on top of the crap sundae, there is my house.  
A few weeks or so ago, I wrote how even though my house is in disarray, I am enjoying the process.

That was then, this is now.
I’m not much enjoying it any longer.

I have so many more things than that on my mind, but that is about all I can put into words right now.
I just want it to be DONE. NOW. And there is a long way to go before I am done.
I’m not dancing in the rain or the dust or anything else.
If I never have to see or touch another paint brush or piece of sand paper, I will be a very happy girl. My fingers will be happy too to have no more splinters and broken nails and paint splatters upon them. Unfortunately, there are still lots of paint brushes and paint and sandpaper in my future.

I now interrupt my whining to get back to work. Hopefully, I will make some good progress in the next few days and that will drag me out of this big ol’ pity party I am the guest of honor at.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment