Friday, June 12, 2009

June 11, my birthday

No, this isn't about my actual birthday day. It's about some connections that I can't decide if they are just coincidental or not.




I should preface this by saying that I really don't believe in coincidences the way most people do. I believe that things we think are coincidental really aren't...they are things that have always been meant to be, things we have been waiting for all along even if we didn't know we were waiting for it.




I often think about a song that was popular when I was in college...One Thing Leads to Another. I don't remember who sang it, or many of the specific words, but I remember it was a catchy tune. LOL




I digressed. I tend to do that when I am writing.




So back to the point of this post. I read a blog regularly that is written by a Share group leader, Share of Southern Vermont. Cara Tyrell. She's a wonderful writer. I met her in person when she attended our trainging workshop for new group leaders back in March. I love her blog. One of the tag lines of her blog is "Connections Abound.


Why yes. They do.




Five years ago, I started working for Share after nearly 2 years of being a volunteer. I was nervous as hell when I accepted the job, and nearly didn't accept the job. But, I did, and a few weeks later, due to a twist of fate, met the best friend I have ever had. We became fast friends, often talking on aol instant messaging into the wee hours of the morning. Now, after 5 years, 4 in person get togethers, and more than can be counted crises...we are best friends in every way we can be even though we live 1000 miles apart.


So, back to the topic...Connections Abound...


My friend and I made an instant connection. After 3 years, she told me her daughter's due date. June 11, 2002. I was shocked...that is MY birthday. I still marvel sometimes that my best friend's daughter's due date was on my birthday.


Over the past couple of years, I have also become friends with someone else through Share. And I noticed recently that her daughter died on my best friend's daughter's due date. And my birthday. June 11.


Another connection...this past March, when we had our training, someone came from Vermont. She is absolutely wonderful, and is a new Share gro

No comments:

Post a Comment