Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm often amazed at the seemingly innocent things I come across that turn me into a puddle of tears. Maybe I'm just more emotional than normal after my family weekend last week...

I was just catching up on Facebook, and read this post from my aunt written to her daughter:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABYDOLL!!!!!!! Love you bunches, Momma

Sigh...as soon as I read it, I could feel the tears welling up, and even though I tried to stop them...it didn't work.

How can this woman be my mom's sister, my mom who virtually ignores my birthday. And why is a birthday such a big deal anyway? And why do I feel like the world's biggest baby for even writing this?

I'm trying hard to keep this blog positive, not a place to whine, but that is just how I am feeling today. Whiney.

1 comment:

  1. Rose, birthdays get me too.

    I did 'enjoy' (not the right word, but you know what I mean) the BP/USA conference but it wasn't SHARE- it was a shadow of a replacement. It wasn't home, if you know what I mean.

    Thanks so much for all you do for all of us.

    peace-
    emily

    ReplyDelete