Monday, November 8, 2010

I am in LOVE

Of all the sights and experiences I had in Washington DC, at the top of the best of the best list...

The bed at the hotel.

OMG...I didn't want to get out of it. The sheets were so so soft...probably a million thread count. Or at least a higher thread count than the sheets I normally sleep on. There was a down pillow top on the mattress...layers of sheets and sandwiched in between the sheets, a thin down blanket...topping it all, a puffy down comforter.

And the pillows. OH. MY. The pillows...piles of the best pillows. That I didn't have to share with anyone.

We turned the a/c down in the room so we could really burrow under all that beautiful bedding and not sweat our butts off.

Forget the sights of DC...I could have happily spent my days languishing in that bed.

Oh, and the best part?? It was all white! I dream of someday having a bed piled with white sheets blankets comforters and pillows. Obviously, that's not going to happen anytime soon considering I have 4 kids and a black beast of a dog that sneaks onto my bed every time I'm not looking. And every time my husband lets him.

But back to that bed.

I want it. All of it. Apparently, I am not the only one either. There was a mini catalog in the room...and in the catalog was all the bedding for sale. For $3500, you can purchase the whole shebang...mattress, box springs, all the bedding, and pillows. It's a good thing I don't have a spare $3500, or it would be MINE. LOL

I haven't bought new sheets or a new bedspread in years. And my pillows...eh. Walmart pillows are no comparison. I have never given much thought to my bed before. But now...

Here's a picture:



I wonder if I can possibly convince my husband that all of my sleep issues would magically disappear if only I had this bed!

1 comment: