Monday, January 3, 2011

The awesomeness that I am going to write about today is this lovely girl:




I am having so much fun watching this girlie play basketball. For years, I have watched her in awe, but now that she is in high school, and I see her doing so well (she is her team's leading scorer) and having so much fun...well, it is truly heartwarming. I don't know how else to describe it. Seeing all of the hard work she has put into basketball, and all the money WE have put into basketball, it's nice to see the payoff, and I am looking forward to seeing what the next few years have in store. Watching her this afternoon...I had tears in my eyes more than once.

She has been really sick off and on the past month, and this was her first game in several weeks. She missed a couple practices last week because she was sick, so I was already nervous about it because she plays so hard and her coach expects so much of her. During the game, it was obvious she wasn't feeling all that great, but she played so well. Her team won 28-21, and she scored 21 of her team's points. I am so incredibly proud of her. And better than that, she is proud of herself. What more could I ask for?

1 comment: