Friday, August 27, 2010

All Shall Be Well...

and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

I have no idea who to attribute it to, but I saw this quote many years ago, wrote it on an index card, folded it up, and put it in my wallet. I usually forget about it until I've bought a new wallet and am transferring things from one wallet to the next.

I haven't bought a new wallet in over a year, but lately, I have found myself thinking of that quote.

And tonight, I can honestly say that all is well.

Tony has a firm job offer. He also has another company close to offering him a job...a job he really wants...but even if he doesn't get that one, he will be working as of Monday.

I've been sitting out on my porch reading tonight. It is a beautiful night. I'm not sweating! And I'm not being eaten by mosquitos!

And all is well.

I watered the plants, although I'm not sure why, because they are mostly dead anyway. I hope though that they will "liven" up when the weather cools down. I bought a bottle of wine today (a cheap one!), and I can honestly say that I am feeling content. It's been a long time since I could write that. I know it's only been a month since Tony lost his job, but all summer, I've been in a funk for lots of different reasons, and tonight, none of them seem to matter.

3 comments:

  1. Rose, I am so happy for your family right now. I said a prayer of thanksgiving.

    Do you know the hymn, All Is Well With My Soul, or the story behind it? Look it up. The story behind it really makes it take on a whole new meaning. Helps to put things in perspective.

    I am glad, It Is Well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_EfDqF7YI

    Here, I posted the story. It's just so awesome, I get tears every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose, I am so happy for you all!!! I know lots of people have been praying for you, including me. Prayer works! I can't imagine how relieved you must feel. :o)

    ReplyDelete