Monday, August 30, 2010

Computer Illiteracy I...

and a few other random things...

First of all, I want to thank anyone who has been reading here for the past 2 weeks. It really has kept me going on some days, knowing that I had to come up with something positive even when that was the very last thing I wanted to do. I titled this post Computer Illiteracy I because I have tried several times to respond to comments some of you have left, and I can't figure out how to. How dumb am I that I can't even figure out how to respond to posts on my own blog? There's your laugh for the day. If anyone wants to tell me how to do that, I'd appreciate it!

I haven't written over the weekend not because I have nothing to say (I ALWAYS have something to say unfortunately!) but because I've been sick and busy. Well, I shouldn't say sick...just attacked by allergies that seem to be heading towards a sinus infection. Lovely. Saturday, I was miserable and thinking that I would call my doctor on Monday and see if she could call in a prescription for something. And then yesterday, I saw an ad on tv for Nasonex...and had to laugh when the potential side effects were listed at the end: watery eyes, sneezing, headache, sore throat... Ohhh.Kay. What is the point of spending money on something and spraying it up my nose when it has the potential to cause the very same annoying symptoms that I want to get rid of. So...no doctor, I'll just take Benadryl when I'm ready to crash for the night.

I've also been sooo busy with work, which is what I should be doing right now. For what is probably the first time ever in my life, I enjoyed a rainy Monday morning, for several reasons...

*Tony went to work today! For the first time in a month. Yay! So I am home alone, basking in the quietness that surrounds me and enjoying the rain.

*I have lots to accomplish today, and I won't feel so bad about staying at home and working when I'd rather be doing so many other things.

*Since it's raining, I won't be tempted to go out to the grocery store and buy bacon. I have been eating way too much bacon along with tomatoes...I think I've been living on BLT's...I won't tell how much bacon I've consumed lately...just more than any one person should. I guess BLT's have been my comfort food of choice lately.

So...a very short post from me today, but just wait...I'm sure I'll be back to my Chatty Cathy self.

1 comment: