Monday, August 23, 2010

I am sure I have written about many dumb things over the years, but this will probably be the dumbest. And also the dumbest thing I've taken a picture of. I normally download pictures onto my home computer. But this one...well I put it on my work laptop because my kids often go through my pictures, and I don't want them to see this one and think that I've gone crazy. They may think that anyway, but I don't want photographic proof for them to laugh at me about.

I've already written how this has become really hard for me, only a week into it. Hell, it was hard for me one day into it. Every day, I find myself wondering what exactly I am going to do. I'm not coming up with something every day like I originally intended. I can only write about so many sunrises. I cannot bake cupcakes and pretzels every day no matter how much I want to. On a daily basis, I go to work, come home, do laundry, make dinner, do dishes, feed the dog, give homework help...and on and on and on. I don't think of any of that as dancing in the rain. I think of all of that as living life. And not living in an enjoyable way, because face it, helping a kid with homework when YOU don't even understand the assignment is not fun.

So I may have over estimated my ability to put a fun, positive spin on every single day. But maybe a few times a week is good enough? Please tell me that it is!

I really suck at this. I am a slacker.

On Saturday, my big deal was being thrilled with and taking pictures of a bunch of outdated books thrown into a recycling bin. Woo hoo...I know how to look on the bright side, don't I?

Sunday,I really did nothing special to write about. I didn't even cook anything good. Like I said...slacker.

Yesterday evening, a friend wrote to me and said she couldn't wait to see what I was going to write about. Honestly...I hadn't planned on writing at all, but reading that made me know that of course I had to write something. I tried to last night, but I was way too tired and fell asleep at my computer. Yes I did, and my son will vouch for me as he is the one who woke me up and then laughed at me.

But like I said already this is the dumbest post. Ever. Hopefully, it will be the last dumb one, but knowing me, don't count on that!

Last night, I made something I don't make very often.



Yep,I made popcorn. Real popcorn that you pop by shaking a pan on the stove and then pour melted real butter over. Not that microwave stuff. For some crazy reason, my kids would rather have microwave popcorn, so that is what we usually have. But every once in a while, I have a craving for the real stuff. I probably gained back every pound I've managed to lose this summer, but it was worth it.

Oh, and I can't write about real popcorn without writing about that bowl. I have to eat it in that bowl. Last night, my craving for popcorn led me to cleaning out the refrigerator because it was in the back with some leftover pasta. I noticed a bowl very similar to that in a store one day...it was a Rachael Ray Garbage Bowl. I don't watch RR, so I have no idea what a Garbage Bowl is, or why it's called that. But this bowl is not one of RR's. This bowl was my Aunt Mary's. When she died, my sister, Mom and I cleaned out her little apartment, and divided up some of her things that we wanted. I wanted that bowl. I don't know why, but even if I had gotten nothing else of hers, I would have been fine with that as long as I got the bowl. And ever since, it has been my popcorn bowl. It's a silly thing, but that bowl makes me think of my Aunt Mary.

So was I right? Was that the dumbest thing to write about? Popcorn. A bowl. I'm really stretching it here, huh?

I'll try to do better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, the perfect thing to write about. Sometimes it's the very smallest things that help us make it through the day. Some days I just have one little thing that I look back and think "that was pretty cool".

    BTW, my kids prefer microwave popcorn too, but I love when my dh makes me the real thing. It's sooooo good. I think it's led to my weight gain this year. I need to go back to microwave. Oh, and I was looking for your post the other night but feel asleep too. LOL

    ReplyDelete