Saturday, August 21, 2010

Yesterday was interesting.

I went into the office for a while so I could clean and purge in my own office before our big makeover today. There was crap in my office that I "inherited" when I moved in, and I had never even touched most of it. Had no clue what most of it even was to be honest. There is a huge filing cabinet that I only use the top drawer, and the rest of it was just full of stuff. I mean crap.

So I made numerous trips downstairs with armloads of this stuff to shred. Shredding was actually quite therapuetic for me. As I happily fed piles of papers into the machine, I envisioned shredding my worries and fears...just purging them right from my mind and life. I carried a few loads of shredded paper outside to our recycling bin (yes, we are green at the Share office! LOL) and with each load I dumped in and slammed the lid down on, I pictured all of my cares going into that bin of trash.

After about 3 trips out to empty the bin from the shredder, it started storming. I mean really storming...high winds, thunder and lightening...it looked like it was 8 at night instead of noon. Just the kind of storm that scares me the most. On my next trip outside, it started to rain, so I kind of ran/skipped to the curb, and just before I reached the recycling dumpster, my bare feet slipped on the wet sidewalk. (Yes, we are heathens who sometimes run around the office barefooted. Can you believe it? We are very casual there! No, really, I was only barefooted because I was wearing sandals and I was going up and down the stairs so much, and there is one thing that scares me almost as much as storms, and that is going up and down the staircase. No, I'm not neurotic, but a couple of years ago, I fell on that staircase while wearing sandals and my left foot will never be the same as a result. So I have a good reason for running around my office in bare feet).

So like I said, I slipped on the sidewalk, and thinking of my injured foot, I flailed around a bit, hoping not to fall and hurt myself...I have a bag of shredded paper in my hand...I'm sure I looked pretty comical to anyone who may have seen me, and when I regained my balance (I did not fall thankfully!), I thought to myself it probably looked like some crazy lady was doing some crazy dance in the rain.

So there you have it. Yesterday, I really did dance in the rain, without even meaning to. I only wish it was as easy to purge my mind as it was to purge my office, because that sure felt good!

1 comment:

  1. Wish you could post the video!!! Well maybe purging your office will help your mind. I know that when my house gets messy, I feel like I'm going crazy (and no, I don't suffer from OCD). Always makes me feel better to get the house cleaned. Hope it helps you too.

    ReplyDelete