Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Today has certainly been a mixed bag of tricks.

First the good:

*Tony was offered a TEACHING job today. Teaching! LOL My husband has never been a teacher. Last week, a recruiter sent him on an interview at a technical college in STL. He kind of laughed it off, thinking at least it would be good interview experience for him. He was surprised the next day when the recruiter called to tell him that they LOVED him, and that he was their leading candidate, he just had to pass a background check. Today, the recruiter called and said they want to hire him, but the salary was much lower than what he had been told last week. So now, they are negotiating on salary. I think he would be great at teaching, but he is still in a bit of shock. It's not only teaching, but he would also be the "department head." Strange. Very strange. Stay tuned to see what happens.

*I gave my co worker my LAST piece of writing for the book update that I have been working on for 3 years!!!!!! I know there will probably still be lots of little tweaks and things to do, but by tomorrow, she will be finished, I will be finished, and it will be ready for editing! While I'm glad to be finished, I have a feeling I will be lost without having it to work on.

*I made two nights worth of dinner when I got home from work. I started cooking sauce for lasagne when the oldest boy reminded me that I told him I would make chicken and mashed potatoes tonight. He has to work the next three nights, he hates lasagne, sooo....I made the chicken and potatoes, and made the lasagne. It is sitting in the fridge so that means I don't have to make dinner tomorrow night!

*I realized today that I only spent $27 on groceries this week due to all the stuff I found when I cleaned out my pantry.

Now, for the bad:

Well, actually, there really isn't anything bad. I just liked that title.

And the ugly:

This is good and ugly at the same time:





My sweet little pumpkin is in the oven filling my house with its wonderful aroma. I told my coworkers today about my little pumpkin, and I think they were drooling just thinking about muffins. I also told them about cleaning out my pantry and finding all of the bags of chips...and they requested chocolate chip cookies. So I guess I'll be busy baking later. I think maybe I will kill two birds with one stone and make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog appears on my dashboard of Blogger and seeing that pumpkin just cracked me up.

    I am definitely going to be praying for Tony and this teaching job. I know I'm living proof that God can lead us places we would never think of going. If nothing else, it's got to do his ego a little good knowing that he is wanted.

    Your energy to do all that cooking impresses me. I was going to make chicken parmesan with some spaghetti, but after dealing with some flea infested kittens, I just did the spaghetti. You are an awesome mom to do that!!!

    Very cool about the book. A very good thing.

    Waiting for muffins pics.

    ReplyDelete