Friday, September 3, 2010

I don't have much to write about, but my friend who has promised to "bug me" when I am slacking on my dancing in the rain festivities wrote to me last night and asked me where my latest blog post is, so....I'll see what I can whip up!

I'll admit, it's been a hard week, and I haven't really made any conscious effort to do anything even remotely considered dancing in the rain. I didn't play any games with the kids...I didn't cook or make anything fun...I don't need a pedicure...I didn't sit out on the porch and read...probably the most exciting thing I did this week was finally tell off a coworker who regularly pushes my buttons and sometimes royally pisses me off. I won't bore you with all the details...but she took her frustration with a situation neither of us had any control over out on me, in front of our boss and two other coworkers. For what it's worth, I was frustrated too, but I knew it was something that just needed to be dealt with, and there was nothing we could do about it. So after the boss looked at me like "what are you going to say about THAT!" (LOL...she always tells me I need to stand up for myself with her)...I decided I'd had enough. More than enough. And when I was finished, she apologized! For the first time ever. And then she apologized to me again when she was leaving for the day.

Sad that that is the highlight of my week, huh? Every day, there was just something that made me stop and chant to myself my new mantra: Thank God Tony is working again...I'm trying really hard to keep my trials of the week in perspective, and I guess that's about all the dancing in the rain I can do.

Speaking of Tony, I have to hand it to the guy. He's being a trooper. He does not like his new job. Every day he comes home and says it's boring. He loved his job at the zoo, LOVED it, and it was probably the most perfect job for him that he's ever had. He loved everything about it. So to go from that, to his job now, is not easy for him. But, he hasn't complained, he's been his usual cheerful self. I am so grateful for that...so grateful that he isn't crabby and taking his frustrations out on me or the kids, and he is always looking on the bright side of things. Hopefully, the job will get better, or something else will come up.

Last week, I had a couple of the most silly posts ever, today is probably the most boring. I just got nothin'. Working full time is kicking my butt, I can barely stay awake past 9, and work and family issues and stress is about to do me in. But, I think I am doing a pretty good job keeping it all in perspective. Or trying to anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Well you posted and you found one thing. Hmmmmm..... Can you even imagine living with me ;-) Sorry you got so many stresses right now. I'm here if you ever need to vent.

    ReplyDelete