Friday, September 10, 2010

The short (and very sweet!) life of a sugar pumpkin

Just a few days ago, this cute little pumpkin was nestled all nice and cozy in a box of other pumpkins in the Dierbergs produce department. It then happily spent a day on my kitchen counter




before it met it's violent end.








However, this little $3 pumpkin has now fulfilled it's very important mission on Earth. Two batches of pumpkin oatmeal cookie dough...one with chocolate chips and one with butterscotch chips (because the husband doesn't like chocolate...yes, I know I married a very strange man).




This is what is left of the sweet pumpkin:




along with 2 ziploc bags full of frozen cookie dough balls so I can bake cookies to take to work next week and this:



...enough pumpkin to make a batch of muffins and one more batch of cookies. It's supposed to rain this weekend, and I think I'm going to go buy as many pumpkins as I can to put in jars in the freezer to last me through Thanksgiving. Don't worry, I won't write about them anymore! I promise. (Well, unless I feel the need to share something else I bake!)

And no, I haven't been drinking; but, I am probably on a sugar high from all of the cookies I have consumed.

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious!!! Your house must smell sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete