Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's a good day...it's a good day not...

Instead of picking petals from a daisy and saying "he loves me, he loves me not..." this vision popped into my head today...a vision of picking petals from a daisy and saying "it's a good day, it's a bad day." Tuesday...bad day. Wednesday...good day. Thursday...bad day.

More than one good day in a row would sure be nice! But I guess right now that is too much to expect. Whoever is reading this silly blog, just consider yourselves very lucky that I'm only mentioning when I have bad days and not actually forcing you to read why. I do sometimes secretly wish I could be like some of those drama queens that we all know and secretly hate who daily post about their woes on Facebook and then get 399 "Awww...poor you!" responses. But I just cannot do that.

Okay. Enough of that.

The best thing about my day (that really should override all the bad stuff) is this:



A couple of weeks ago, I posted a picture of the old book that I am updating in a trash dumpster. THAT above is the new one! Well, not the published version...but the first "ready for editing" version. I printed it today before I left work so that I can do the first edit over the weekend. When I showed it to my boss, I thought she was going to kiss me. Instead, she grabbed me and started dancing around the office. Oh yeah, that was a sight.

That's all I've got for today. I hope no one is sadly disappointed that I haven't gone on and on about a bunch of really stupid stuff.

Edited to add this:
I can't believe I forgot to write this because I was thinking of it as I was writing this post. One of my coworkers made my day today, almost more than printing off a copy of that book did. There is a section of the book that I have really struggled with writing the introduction to, and I've been working on it for way longer than I want to admit. Yesterday, I finished it just before I went home, finally, and I gave it to my coworker Jeanna to read. I asked her to be brutally honest and not be afraid to correct things. This morning, she came in my office with it and told me that she was in awe when she read it, that she wishes she could write things the way I do. It was the introduction to the chapter on all the different religions and ideas for readings, etc...something I knew absolutely NOTHING about when I started this project. It is the one chapter of the book that I have been the most nervous about, the one thing I felt the most unsure about. I'm my own worst critic. So hearing her say that, made my day. I also heard her telling another co worker how she was so impressed with how I wrote that. I don't normally pat myself on the back, but I did today. I should mark that on my calendar since who knows when it will happen again!

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that the book is fantastic with you writing it. I love reading your blog, Rose. You are a great writer. I know that had to have felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I do love to write, but I always compare myself to others who I think are much better writers than me. LOL

    ReplyDelete