Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I've stooped to a new low with the picture I'm about to post. It comes with a disclaimer...it's not what ya think!









Okay, so maybe it IS what you think...I mean, it IS 2 cans of Bud Light. No, I'm not drinking them. I am not a beer drinker, but I am now the proud owner of a case and more of beer, even though no one in this house drinks beer. Tony is too worried about his "girlish figure," and I just really don't much care for beer. So why do I have a case of beer you may (or may not!) be wondering?

Yesterday was the annual Share golf tournament. In other words...hot day+lots of guys+golf=lots of beer consumed. It also means lots of beer left over. We fortunately have several wonderful companies that donate all of the beer to us, and we merrily drive around the course throughout the day giving out beer, soda and water (mostly beer) to the golfers. Really, driving a golf cart around Bear Creek Golf Course every first Monday after Labor Day is one of the highlights of my job. You never know what you're going to encounter...for instance, yesterday, as my coworker and I pulled our cart up to one team, and I sweetly asked, Does anyone need drinks or snacks?" a comedian/golfer said..."SEX?? I'm here with my WIFE!" And then there was a guy who just said, "You don't even need to stop and ask, just every time you drive by us, toss me a Bud Select." Best of all was the very funny gal, who is one of our board members, who had a bag of jumbo marshmallows with her, and randomly tossed them onto the green near the hole as she drove by so that the team of guys behind her would see them and from a distance think "Holy Shit! I almost made a hole in one!"

Like I said, good times at Bear Creek Golf Course.

So back to my beer stash. This afternoon, a couple of our regular golfers showed up at the office with the back of an Expedition full of coolers that were full of soda and beer; all the leftovers from yesterday. Like I already said, I am not a beer drinker, so I was not going to bring any home, though a couple of my coworkers were. I like to put beer in my barbeque sauce, so I thought I would take home a few cans. I helped unload all the extra beer, told everyone to take whatever they wanted because I only wanted a couple of cans, went up to my office, and then it hit me! Cheddar Beer Bread!

I have an awesome recipe that I don't make often because I don't usually have beer in the house. Well, now I do! I now have enough beer to have soup and bread throughout the fall and winter. I wanted to make some today, but by the time I got home from work, I was hot, my house was hot, and I wasn't in the mood to bake bread. I will hopefully make some tomorrow. I will share pictures, and maybe my recipe. :-)

Finally, here is a picture of me with a few of my coworkers and 2 of our board members. From the left, Me, my coworker Jeanna, our board member Mandy and Dan, co anchors of St. Louis Fox news, my boss Cathi, and my coworkers Stephanie and Megan just before everyone headed out to the course. If I had better photo editing skills (or rather ANY photo editing skills!) I'd blur myself out of that picture because I look horrible. Why do I always think I look pretty decent, and then see the picture, and think OMG. I know, it's because the camera adds 10 pounds. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! At least the picture is taken from far enough away that you can't see my grays. I have been trying to decide if I want to let my hair go au naturel or highlight it...this picture made my decision. Highlights it is!

3 comments:

  1. I was just going to come nag you!!! I was going to suggest a good french dip. I have actually used Miller Lite to make it. In PA, you have to buy beer by the case so I'm not going to buy some dark ale when there is no way I'd drink a whole case. My lite beer worked great. Lots of thinks you can do with beer. Heck, wash your hair in it LOL (I am washing my hair with real shampoo now. Nothing like the threat of lice to change my ways).

    You look great btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha...I had a feeling you were getting ready to nag me...that's why I made myself come up with something. Too funny...french dip sounds good! I've never made it. Share the recipe??? :-)

    I'll have to search "beer" on allrecipes and see what I come up with. I wonder if I could use it in pizza crust? Hmmm...I may have to check into that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Slow-Cooker-French-Dip/Detail.aspx

    It can't get much easier. I love crockpots.

    ReplyDelete